Child with leaves

Green Energy With Tonik

Tonik is proud to offer a range of green energy tariffs so there is something to suit every household’s needs. Our green energy comes from clean, renewable energy sources such as solar power, wind power, and biogas, making it possible to supply you with environmentally-friendly gas and electricity. We supply 100% renewable electricity and 10% green gas, with the remaining 90% as carbon-offset. So you can rest assured that your energy is sourced in a responsible and environmentally-conscious way. We also invest in producing our own range of renewable products to help you reduce your carbon footprint even more.

Keen to go green? Get a quote to see how much clean energy could save you

1

Get a quote

Get a quote
2

Sign up

This doesn't take more than a couple of minutes

3

Leave the rest to us!

We'll take care of everything to do with your switch

Underneath solar panel

100% renewable electricity

All of our tariffs include 100% renewable electricity which is guaranteed and backed with Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin (REGO) certificates - evidence that this electricity has been produced from a carbon neutral, renewable source. The REGOs provide a record of each unit of electricity our members have used, which we have replaced by buying (and pumping back into the grid) a unit generated from renewable sources.


In the last year our renewable electricity sources were 68% from wind and 32% from solar.

Lots of hay bales

Our green gas

We offer all our members the option to include 10% green gas in their tariff – that means we ensure that 10% of the gas that you buy comes from renewable sources. Green gas, also known as biomethane, is produced by animal and vegetation waste, and therefore is not vegan. The process of generating this biogas helps to reduce household emissions, enabling our members to reduce their carbon footprint.

African village

Want to go carbon neutral?

We can enable you to go carbon neutral with your energy supply. Our Greenest tariff offsets the remaining 90% of fossil fuel generated gas by investing in projects which fund the equivalent reduction in carbon emissions elsewhere.

For these projects we receive carbon offset certificates which are verified under the CDM* Gold Standard, or the VCS** scheme or similar. Under these mechanisms, all projects must meet strict criteria regarding their carbon dioxide emission reduction and local benefits and are subject to stringent audits.

*Clean Development Mechanism  **Voluntary Carbon Standard

Keen to go green? Get a quote to see how much clean energy could save you

1

Get a quote

Get a quote
2

Sign up

This doesn't take more than a couple of minutes

3

Leave the rest to us!

We'll take care of everything to do with your switch

Trustpilot