Help us to help you

We're here to help make life a bit easier - whether it's switching your energy supply to us, helping lower your bills, or answering any questions you may have about your account. We're proud to provide award-winning customer services to our members, but should we ever fall short and give you cause to complain, we promise to resolve these issues in a fair and transparent way.

How to make a complaint

If you’re unhappy with anything from Tonik Energy, please contact our Member Services Team straight away and we’ll do everything we can to help. We'll aim to solve your problem the first time you contact us and give you a named team member to speak to. 

You can call us on 0333 344 2686 Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, or email us at

Please make sure you quote your account number when you contact us.

We’ll keep a record of your complaint and all details that you give us. We’ll also record any agreement that we reach to resolve your complaint.

If we are unable to resolve your complaint on your first contact with us, we’ll keep in touch with you regularly so that you know exactly what we are doing to remedy the situation.

Saying sorry

We strive to do the right thing, so when we get things wrong (which despite our best efforts, can happen!), we hold our hands up and apologise. We'll also explain what went wrong, try to provide a practical action to correct the problem, and in some cases, pay you compensation. 


If for some reason we haven't managed to put things right, you can escalate your complaint by asking to speak to one of our managers. 

If you would prefer to contact a manager in writing, you can send a letter to us at:

Tonik Energy
4th floor
Lombard House 
Great Charles Street
Birmingham B3 3LP

You can also email us at

If your complaint is still not resolved

If you're unhappy with with our proposals to fix the problem, we can issue a “Deadlock Letter”. This is a formal, written communication from us, detailing the situation, and what we have suggested to resolve the issue. 

If we have provided you with a Deadlock Letter or if we have been unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks of when you first contacted us, you can refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman.

The Energy Ombudsman is an independent service provided free of charge which resolves customer complaints in an impartial manner by working with both you and us. 

If you agree with their final resolution, we have do as they say. This could mean we have to apologise, explain what went wrong, provide a practical action to correct the problem, and in some cases, pay you compensation. 

You do not have to accept their decision.

How to contact the Energy Ombudsman

You can contact the Energy Ombudsman by calling 0330 440 1624 or visiting their website 

You can also write to them at:
3300 Daresbury Park,
Warrington WA4 4HS

Independent Advice

The Citizens Advice Energy service is the official source of free and independent energy advice and support. They provide confidential and impartial advice on any issues you may have in relation to your energy supply. You can contact them by calling 03454 04 05 06 or by visiting their website

Related documents

Here are some documents relating to complaints and how we deal with them:

Related links

In addition to the documents above, you may find these websites useful when it comes to complaints: